Are you stuck in a rut of late night cravings?
Do you have a restless mind?
Are you waking up to an alarm that you repeatedly whack to snooze?
All of the above?
Well, let us help you put your mind at rest. Tonight you will have your best ever sleep, by following these 10 simple tips. We put these to the test and they came back trumps!
I was never a morning person and the thought never entered my head that I could train for better sleep. It's mad what we can achieve. Whatever the mind can conceive the body can achieve!
1) Avoid a late night binge- feed your body with the good mood stuff such as healthy fats and great antioxidants. Homemade health smoothies with coconut milk, ginger, avocado, spinach, cucumber, lime zest and juice is a beauty. The next morning you will be bouncing out of bed!
2) Routine bed time and wake up time- Set your alarms, be consistant and get your 8 hours sleep in. Stay in bed and practice the below even if you are wide awake. Train yourself! Just like doing your cardio or strength workouts, you will find the exercises easier after regular practice.
3) Stop playing with your to do list- You need the discipline to avoid temptation. Gaze pointlessly into space.
4) Turn technology off an hour before bed- no more reading social media messages. Wind down, switch off.
5) Relax in a hot bath- Chill out with your special bubble bath and rubber duck!
6) Breathing exercises- Sounds simple right? Well you would be shocked. 99% of our clients when we first start working together are inefficient breathers. Ever watched a new born baby breath? Inflate your mid belly area not your chest. Slow your bodies busy working rhythm right down.
7) Bring down the lights- In the hour before bed wind down keep your lighting minimal so your body can gradually shut down.
8) Calming music such as nature sounds can help you decrease your resting heart rate and relax your body.
9) Tense and relax- a full body relaxation scan. Start at your feet and work you way up tensing muscles for 5 seconds one a time. You might think your relaxed but this will help you switch completely off.
10) Visualize a restful place- a clear night sky full of tiny far away stars, calm and beautiful. Escape to maximum relaxation until your...zzzzz